fbpx

News Feed Forums Chat Room Who are the REAL TITLE Contenders this EPL 2020/2021 season?

• Who are the REAL TITLE Contenders this EPL 2020/2021 season?

Toluisanelf updated 2 months, 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 52 Posts
  • PreciousOfLive

February 20, 2021 at 4:12 pm

This EPL season have seen 9 different teams top the league in a record breaking season.

The League became open and almost every team could have a shot at the title. Now it seem the League belongs to just one team (Man City) as they go 10 points clear on week 24. Are there still Contenders for this title? Or we should just give up and let City have their way.

For me if there are genuine title contenders I will see Leicester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Everton and West Ham and Manchester City of course.

• Babs

February 20, 2021 at 7:28 pm

Mancity can lose 3 matches and the league becomes open tho they are favorite but they are still 14 games to go.

• PreciousOfLive

February 20, 2021 at 8:30 pm

One thing about City is that they either start badly and end strong, or start strong and become laggy later on. This one I think they’ve picked up and picked up for good. Losing 3 games at a stretch doesn’t sound realistic and of course other teams still have more games to lose

• Babs

February 21, 2021 at 12:40 pm

this is football anything can happen! if this Mancity team has an injury crises all of a sudden especially their main players that are in form right now then we will be saying a different story entirely.

• PreciousOfLive

February 21, 2021 at 2:00 pm

True. It’s not over until it’s actually over. Liverpool, Tottenham, City and United might all end with a red face this weekend.

• PreciousOfLive

February 21, 2021 at 2:08 pm

West Ham already adding salt to Mourinho’s injury just at the start of second 45. I really love derby games ☺️

• Babs

February 21, 2021 at 2:17 pm

Football is to unpredictable.

• Babs

February 21, 2021 at 2:21 pm

West-Ham nowadays are so good to watch. Tottenham under Mourinho wow.

• PreciousOfLive

February 21, 2021 at 2:31 pm

One of the things we’d agree on that football is not predictable.. even tho it seem predictable at times

• Babs

February 22, 2021 at 2:22 pm

Looking at the EPL table now, speechless bro. chaiii

• PreciousOfLive

February 25, 2021 at 6:19 am

From the table West Ham are not in Arsenal’s league bah?

• Babs

February 26, 2021 at 1:41 am

you must be joking bro comparing West Ham to Arsenal.

• PreciousOfLive

February 27, 2021 at 5:16 pm

Well I am not. They’re London rivals if you know

• PreciousOfLive

February 21, 2021 at 2:31 pm

West Ham are good, one of my favourite EPL teams. I turn off the TV seeing an attacking side become less of a shadow of itself by taking away the attacking potentials and sitting deep (parking bus) – Tottenham. Never worked for me. Taking entertainment away from the game. Aside his drama at press conference, on and off the pitch, Mourinho cannot coach a team I love, I’d rather not support or care for that team till he’s out. Or he changes pattern, I saw attacking flair earlier on with Tottenham, but the game vs Chelsea was not to be watched. Feels like same thing Arteta was trying to do especially against wolves. Just attack!!! You are already behind!!! What are you defending for?

• PreciousOfLive

February 21, 2021 at 8:12 pm

City doesn’t seem to be backing out. Slim win against Arsenal today, they edge closer to the title, still looking for a worthy title contender beyond Leicester City

• Babs

February 22, 2021 at 2:14 pm

West Ham are a team to watch out for this season. I give it to David Moyes who despise the critics he kept forging ahead and now in 4th place.
    Bravo David.

• PreciousOfLive

February 22, 2021 at 8:52 pm

Yeah the team have actually stood out this season but I don’t see them as contenders just yet

• Babs

February 22, 2021 at 2:17 pm

Mancity schooled Arsenal yesterday it was embarrassing . i wish Arsenal the best this season.

• PreciousOfLive

February 22, 2021 at 8:54 pm

Sadly for the Gunners they may not be in Europe next season and would only have the EPL, hope that helps them focus on finishing 4th place next season, cause this season seem far gone.

As for Manchester United, they are trying to keep the press on City. Still don’t see them clinching it. Let’s see how things unfolds

• Babs

February 23, 2021 at 3:04 pm

Am sure every body at Arsenal knows the season is over when it comes to qualifying for UCL this season even the EUL league seems out of bound. I will keep saying the Manager needs to overhaul the average players and sign the once that will take him to greater heights.

• PreciousOfLive

February 23, 2021 at 6:30 pm

Like he did Willian. His choice of players at times is …..

• Babs

February 23, 2021 at 3:09 pm

The coach still needs the backing of the owner of Arsenal Stan Kroenke whos unwillingess in doing the needful is feasible. i hope he has a change of heart.

• PreciousOfLive

February 23, 2021 at 6:32 pm

The manager should leave. What is the work there if your employers rubbish your work. Its best to go coach a very notable middle table team or a championship side than to coach an Arsenal whose owners remain adamant and rigid to using money. Because of their interest in ……. see what happened to Ozil last days at the Club. Money over anything sigh.

• Babs

February 24, 2021 at 11:43 am

Why should the manager leave? Do you know what it means for a rookie manager to have an opportunity to coach one of the best clubs in the world? if that is your advise for Arteta then….
    nobody really know’s the real story behind Ozil departure .

• PreciousOfLive

February 24, 2021 at 4:39 pm

It was visible to everyone that Arsenal hated that guy. What other story is there to see

• Babs

February 25, 2021 at 8:49 am

Arsenal hated Ozil? bro get your facts right, no one hated him.

• PreciousOfLive

February 26, 2021 at 6:04 am

Taking your arguably best player of the team entirely, not even bench for no known reason is hatred to me.

• Babs

February 27, 2021 at 5:17 pm

how can you conclude because his presence outside the team squad is hatred? The playing style of Arsenal does not suit him anymore and the team could no longer accommodate him.

• PreciousOfLive

February 27, 2021 at 5:21 pm

Hahaha. Y’all needed him and was begging. What pattern of play are you talking about again? Do Arsenal have any pattern now?

• Babs

February 24, 2021 at 11:47 am

So you think he singlehandedly signed Willian?
    Read between the lines bro!

• PreciousOfLive

February 24, 2021 at 4:42 pm

Hehehe, what distinguishes between top managers and ordinary managers, the ability to see what you want and go for it, not been told what to do, you are employed to manage the team, the politics in Arsenal is story for another day. Arteta doesn’t need to coach arsenal to be recognised as a top coach. I’m not sure any top coach will come in with this structure.

• iamthefayfay

February 24, 2021 at 3:29 pm

The biggest contenders are already on top of the table. I never thought I would say this but lets keep a huge eye on West Ham

• PreciousOfLive

February 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm

Hate to break your heart, but even West Ham knows that’s flattering. I think they are comfortable with what they already have.

Are they even ready to play in the Champions League?

• Babs

February 25, 2021 at 8:52 am

@precious from the way they play now they might qualify for champions league.

• PreciousOfLive

February 26, 2021 at 6:06 am

They should. If they let me, would love to see West Ham, Everton, Leicester and Leeds represent England in the UCL. 🙂

• Babs

February 27, 2021 at 5:20 pm

please leave leeds abegii.

• PreciousOfLive

February 27, 2021 at 5:25 pm

Lol. Why should I? They stand a better chance than Arsenal with their Football in Europe

• Babs

February 26, 2021 at 1:51 am

We are watching!

• Babs

February 25, 2021 at 6:14 am

@iamthefayfay Westham has been the surprising team so far.

• PreciousOfLive

February 25, 2021 at 6:22 am

There’s usually a surprise every season but this season’s is way beyond… Aston Villa, West Ham, Everton doing the Lord’s work. There’s been a major shift

• Babs

February 25, 2021 at 6:29 am

@precious yep yep.

• Babs

February 26, 2021 at 1:49 am

They have been a surprise to us all. I hope it can continue next season to give the big boys a run for their money.

• PreciousOfLive

February 26, 2021 at 6:01 am

Yeah, a run for their name I would say. Leicester been doing a good job of that

• Babs

February 27, 2021 at 5:03 pm

yeah.

• PreciousOfLive

February 25, 2021 at 9:02 am

Yes qualifying is a good thing but being ready for it is another. They might have too much on there hands and become very poor in the League next season.

• Babs

February 26, 2021 at 1:47 am

Well they might improve by also acquiring players next season.

• PreciousOfLive

February 26, 2021 at 6:03 am

What are their finances like. Team structures just dont change overnight especially those toying the path of fame with baby steps. Who can they attract.

Even with all the Money city had it was tough getting in those big names. Everyone wants to play in the UCL

• Babs

February 27, 2021 at 5:11 pm

They will attract players their level they, don’t need big names like Mancity, afterall Ajax still does it every season.

• PreciousOfLive

February 27, 2021 at 5:14 pm

Well the finances are what matters and you can’t change a team like that to fit in the UCL easily or even attract players

• Babs

February 27, 2021 at 5:05 pm

if they recruit good players they might challenge.

• PreciousOfLive

February 27, 2021 at 5:14 pm

I don’t see them playing in the UCL anyways

• Toluisanelf

July 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm

Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man United

Viewing 1 - 19 of 19 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now