- What We Collect (and How it is Used and Shared)
Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to Ballgecko directly when you use our Services. These include;
|Account information – If you create an account on Ballgecko, we may require you to provide a username and password. Your username is public, and it doesn’t have to be related to your real name. You may also provide other account information, like an email address, bio, or profile picture. We also store your user account preferences and settings. |
Content you submit – We collect the content you submit to the Services. This includes your posts and comments including saved drafts, your messages with other users (e.g. private messages and chats), and your reports and other communications with moderators and with us. Your content may include text, links, images, gifs, and videos.
Actions you take – We collect information about the actions you take when using the Services. This includes your interactions with content, like saving, hiding, and reporting. It also includes your interactions with other users, such as following and blocking.
Transactional information – If you purchase products or services from our merch store, we will collect certain information from you, including your name, address, email address, and information about the product or service you are purchasing. Ballgecko uses industry-standard payment processor services(Eyowo, Paystack, Flutterwave, Google Pay and Apple Pay ) to handle payment information.
Other information – You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in Ballgecko’s sponsored activities or promotions, apply for a job, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
- Log and usage data – We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), device settings, mobile carrier name, pages visited, links clicked, the requested URL, and search terms.
- Information collected from cookies and similar technologies – We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests, and similar technologies. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalize content and advertisements, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings.
- Location information – We may receive and process information about your location. For example, with your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). We may also receive location information from you when you choose to share such information on our Services, including by associating your content with a location, or we may derive your approximate location from other information about you, including your IP address.
- Other Information – We may also use information from Apple’s TrueDepth camera to provide enhanced functionality in the Ballgecko app camera if you choose to use it. don’t store this information on our servers or share it with third parties.
- Information Collected from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including from other users and third parties, and combine that information with the other information we have about you. For example, we may receive demographic or interest information about you from third parties, including advertisers (such as the fact that an advertiser is interested in showing you an ad), and combine it with our own data using a common account identifier such as a hash of an email address or a mobile-device ID.
- Linked services – If you authorize or link a third-party service (e.g., an unofficial mobile app client) to access your Ballgecko account, Ballgecko receives information about your use of that service when it uses that authorization. Linking services may also cause the other service to send us information about your account with that service. For example, if you sign in to Ballgecko with a third-party identity provider, that provider may share an email address with us.
- Information collected from integrations – We also may receive information about you, including log and usage data and cookie information, from third-party sites that integrate our Services, including our embeds and advertising technology. For example, when you visit a site that uses Ballgecko’s embed, we may receive information about the web page you visited.